Legal and Regulatory
Information is collected from you when you subscribe to a newsletter. The information collected from you is used to send periodic emails.
How do we protect visitor information?
We only provide articles and information, and we never ask for personal or private information. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We do not use an SSL certificate.
Third party disclosure:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information.
Third party links:
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We have not enabled Google Adwords on our site, but we may do so in the future.
California Online Provacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by contacting us.
How does our site handle 'do not track' signals?
We honor them and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair information practices:
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur, we will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
We collect your email address:
- To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- We will NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- We will give an 'opt-out' or 'unsubscribe' option.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
This document serves to self-certify Epic Sciences Inc. to the Department of Commerce and other interested parties, adherence to the Principles in accordance with the Privacy guidance. Specifically:
- The organization, at the address above, may be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The phone number is 858.356.6610 and the fax is 858.356.6614.
- Personal information collected in the E.U. and Switzerland is in conjunction with clinical development of the company products. Such personal/medical information is standard and customary for such clinical trials and will only be used in furtherance of the company's medical product research. The information will only be shared with government bodies as required by law to secure marketing approval and consultants to the company to help analyze the data. Such consultants will always have signed a confidentiality agreement.
- Description of the policy:
- This policy is posted both at the company and on the company's web site.
- The effective date of implementation is September 24, 2014.
- The contact office for the handling of complaints or any issues under this policy is at the address and phone/email shown above.
- The statutory body governing this policy is the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Should there be a complaint that is not resolved to the complainant's satisfaction by the company recourse is through the panel of E.U. data protection authorities and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner. In all cases, the company commits to cooperation with any E.U. and Swiss authority in all matters related to this policy and the Safe Harbor requirements, which may be found at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
- This policy will be reviewed and updated as required but no less than once per year.
Murali Prahalad, Ph.D.
President & CEO